- As Americans care more and more about election security, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' administration in Florida is giving voters exactly what they want. At least 2 people have been arrested in connection with election fraud in his state by law enforcement as a crackdown on election fraud continues.
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement has reportedly arrested two suspects on third-degree felonies.
- One of the suspects, Donna Prentes Brady, 66, has been charged with voting multiple times.
- The other suspect, Toye Ann La Rocca, 63, has been charged with voting illegally as a felon.
- According to a local news outlet, vote-by-mail was used illegally in the process by one of the suspects: "La Rocca voted in person for the primary election in Okaloosa County and then voted by mail in the general election."
Why This Matters:
- Donald Trump has spent years saying that vote-by-mail was improperly used to commit fraud during the 2020 presidential election.
- DeSantis has continued to focus on the growing issue for Republicans, even going so far as to sign bills focusing on election security in the aftermath of the 2020 election.